CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009


So, here is another post. I am sitting on the couch watching the Tinker Bell movie with my Haley Marie and decided to write a little more. This is just a little background about me. Some of you may have known me my whole life, but some of you I have just met within the past couple of years. I have not lived an exciting life according to me, but a guess some people would say I have been through a lot.

I was born in Texas, but adopted to a family in Louisiana. The BEST move I have ever made. I love my family!!!! I have the best parents in the world. They have been married forever. Both sets of my grandparents were a big part of my life and both sets were married to the same person until they were taken from this life. I miss them a lot. Well, let's get back on a happier note. Like I said, I have wonderful parents. My mom stayed at home with her kids and my dad was a Bible teacher and baseball coach at our local christian school. I have 4 older brothers; Shannon, Eric, Chris, and Seth. I am very close to all my brothers. I miss them all very much now that we don't all live in the same town. I have 3 wonderful sister-in-laws; Rhea, Kristy, and Blakely. I have 5 nephews; Jon Aaron, Kyleb, Kason, Cade, and Baxton; and 2 nieces; Reese and Julia. I would give my life for any of them
.



I have no kids of my own yet, but that is another blog all together. I lived in the same town, heck, the same house until I went to college. I grew up in a wonderful church family; Whites Ferry Road Church of Christ. I have many lifelong friendships from that place. That is where my roots are. But, that is also the place that gave me my wings. I met my husband there. Yes, I am married to my high school sweetheart. We started dating when I was 17 and he was 15. Yes, I am 2 years older, someone's got to be. He is the love of my life. I grow more and more in love with him everyday. That is really coming into play here lately, but that is yet another blog. We got married in July of 2001. We lived in Louisiana for several years after we got married. We are very close to Bobby's (my husband) family and spent lots of time with them. Bobby's mom owned a day care in her home and worked with her. That is where I found my passion. I loved what I did. In 2004 Bobby's dad got transfered with State Farm and they moved to Tulsa, Ok. Bobby and I stayed behind and I took over the day care business. I did that on my own for 2 years and LOVED every minute of it. I had great kids and great parents. I miss them all very much. Then, in 2006 my family started moving to different places for jobs and schools, so Bobby and I thought it might be time for a change for us too. Bobby looked into some colleges in OK and we decided to move to Tulsa for Bobby to go to school and be near his family. We have been here since then. Bobby is now at OSU as a marketing major and doing great in school. I am so proud of him.

I work at a day care center. I started out in the infant room and did that for 2 years and loved it. I am a cuddler and loved the bitty babies. I then got to move to the 12- 18 month old room as a lead teacher. I am honored everyday that I get to be a part of a child's life. I love the feeling of teaching them and knowing that I am molding them and will always be a part of their lives. I means the world to me. Well, that kind of catches you up to where I am now in not many details. I will do more posts with details of what has been going in the past couple of years. Thanks for reading!!! I hope it was not too long!

0 comments: